4.17.2017

MARCH // KP


oh spring, i am supposed to be all sing-song-y & happy about flowers & shit but really ... this change has been one of the hardest yet. i won't blame it on daylight savings, i won't blame it on anything as a matter of fact. i will say that growth is rough and i am trying to focus on just the good, the things that make me feel like i am myself again. lost is an understatement but when i am making things i am my best self and that's where i want to be. making. creating and documenting life through any art form that feels right in that moment. so far that has looked a lot like scrapbooking, writing, and forever photographing it all. this month i wanted to push myself with a 30 day watercolor challenge & maybe i will share some of it some time but i didn't want that to be my main focus, i wanted it to be for me. sometimes making something is more fulfilling than sharing it & that's how i felt when i stamped this month for my KP projects. what i love the most about getting to work with Kelly's stamps every month is that it pushes me creatively to make & not just make but make with something that can inspire new designs within her own. i always like the creative challenge of : how can i make this me? it's like a weird puzzle of fitting what has already been made with my photos & manipulating it to feel the way i did or to match my style. this month, the projects i made are exactly that & the act of making the messes while trying new things saved me a bit. 


xo 


3 comments:

  1. I super love how you use Kelly's stamps! Stamping is really something I need to practice and get better at. It would be fun to see some of your watercloor projects if you ever feel like sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you !!! i might share them one day or some of them, we will see. your support means a lot XO

      Delete
  2. Everything you make is magic girl. LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line ...